Law Offices of Fogam & Associates, LLC

Special Reports

Navigating The U.S. Citizenship And Immigration Services (USCIS): 11 Potential Pitfalls And How To Avoid Them

Speaking of navigating United States Immigration Services (USCIS), is really a misnomer. This is because, USCIS as a government agency, is very broad, involves other government agencies, and navigating it can be viewed from many different perspectives. USCIS is only one of the seven services found on the fifth level of the organigram of U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS). The other six services at the same level with USCIS, within the DHS are; U.S. Customs & Border Protection (CBP),U.S. Coast Guard (CG), Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), U.S. Secret Service, and Transportation Security Administration… Read More

Obtaining Permanent Resident Status (“Green Card”) Through Marriage: Proving The Good Faith Of Your Marriage

A United States Citizen or permanent resident may request that U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) have his or her spouse become a permanent resident of the United States (be issued a “green card”). This request may be made by filing an Alien Relative Petition (Form I-130) and in some cases concurrently with an Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status (Form I-485) as wells an Application for Employment Authorization (Form I-765). Of course, there are many other documents and information that need to be filed along with these including various filing fees depending on the nature of the… Read More

Obtain Permanent Resident Status (“Green Card”) Through Cancellation Of Removal And Adjustment Of Status

Have you lived in the United States continuously for at least 10 years? Are you a person of good moral character? Do you have a child, spouse or parent who is an American citizen or a permanent resident? Can you show that if you were to be removed from the United States your child, parent or spouse will experience exceptional and extremely unusual hardship? If you answered yes to these questions, you may be eligible to obtain permanent resident status (“Green Card”) in the United States. How? While in removal proceedings, you may have your removal from the United States… Read More

“National Interest Waiver”: One Of The Fastest Ways To Get Your Green Card In The U.S.

One of the Fastest Ways to Obtain a “Green Card” Do you have an advanced degree (any degree above a Bachelor’s degree)? Is your research / work in an area that is beneficial to the national interest of the United States? If you answered yes to the above questions, you may be eligible to obtain permanent resident status (“green card”) in the United States. Within about 1 year. Without a job or an employer. Without a job offer Obtain work authorization within 90 days after filing and while waiting for your green card. Obtain a travel document to travel in… Read More

Follow Us On